Your First Visit
Your initial exam will last approximately one and a half hours. This appointment time is reserved especially for you! Therefore, if any changes are necessary, we ask that you give us a 48-hour notice.
At your first appointment, we will complete an in-depth medical and dental health history and a thorough examination to measure for bone loss, loose teeth, bite, oral cancer screening, TMJ and other signs of periodontal disease. During this initial consultation, we will be able to provide a diagnosis of your periodontal condition and propose a treatment plan to improve your dental health. Because we know your health is important, Dr. Reyes-Viruet spends as much time as necessary with each patient until you are confident and comfortable with her recommendations.
Prior to your appointment, you will be e-mailed/mailed all the registration forms. Please fill these out and bring them with you. You can also arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time and fill them out at the office.
At the time of your visit, please assist us by providing the following information:
- Your referral slip (if you have one), health history and registration forms
- Any x-rays from your referring dentist
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Note: Please take any pre-medications needed for dental appointments as directed by your physician
- Your dental insurance card, if applicable
- Your patient history and information forms
Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern prior to periodontal treatment, such as:
- Artificial heart valves
- Artificial joints
- Severe diabetes
- Recent heart attack or stroke
- Medical conditions that require antibiotic pre-medication before dental appointments
Please arrive on time for your consultation so we are able to verify any information with you. We require that a parent or guardian accompany patients under the age of 18 to this consultation appointment.
Payment for your first visit is expected at the conclusion of your consultation with the doctor. If you are insured, we will submit a claim to your insurance company on your behalf and if there is a payment, they will reimburse you directly.
We look forward to meeting and welcoming you to our practice!